Friday, October 24, 2008

First Stitches

So we had an eventful last night. Justin and daddy were giving Jewels a bath and well when we finished justin slipped on some water and SLAMMED his chin down on the side of the tub and well this is what happened........




Its an inch long and all the way to the bone. he cried pretty hard at first, then it stopped bleeding for a minute and well by the time we got to the hospital, you couldn't even tell he was hurt. they stitched one running stitch, looped 7 times. he cried during the stitching and was asking for us to take a picture, his gold fish and a tissue for his nose. it took mommy and daddy, 2 male nurses to hold him down while the NP was stitching. overall he did pretty good.
we had to get a picture of the pink band for blackmail reasons. it was awsome.(it was holding on the numbing cream.)


he was running around the entire time like someone put a quarter in him.



the result




again





7 comments:

Starla said...

Oh poor kid (and poor mommy)! That is so sad. I HATE emergency rooms! The first few days are the worst, then they realize they can get anything they want. At that point you know they are feeling all better! I hope that he gets feeling better soon (you too :o) He really is so cute! Emma and him need to become really "good" friends :o) I am glad that I (finally) called you. We really need to get together! Love ya!

Damien and Ashley said...

Ouch!!! I do not like stuff like that!!! I think it's harder on me though, than it actually is on the kids...Hope he gets feeling better soon!!!

Stef Kelly said...

Man...that looks like it hurt. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to hold your kid down. You are tough! I hope he gets feeling better...and who said pink was only for girls! hehe

He is a cute kid!

Stef

Amanda said...

Poor little thing! Man that made me cringe just reading about it. You guys are awesome. We love you and will keep you guys in our prayers.

Bairds said...

Poor little guy! Give him a big hug from us...stitches are no fun.

Sara Adams said...

Oh my good gravy! OUCH!!! What a tough little guy. I hope he is feeling better. :)

Jeff, Mandy and Kids! said...

Hahahaha!!!! You've just joined the I've got boys Mom's club! Rowan split his open again on Saturday. I think I'm gonna learn how to give stitches myself! 4 times in one year. What are the odds of that?! I left you a little comment on my blog. I hope you all are doing good!